Monday, February 11, 2008

The Stroke of Midnight

Monday, February 11, 2008




This weekend Dusty and I went to The Military Ball. It was so much fun! Well, I should say getting ready for the ball was so much fun! The Ball it self was actually really boring. I could have put needles in my eyes it was so boring. We had assign seating and got placed at a table where nobody knew anyone. So it was a nice long awkward dinner. But the food was amazing! I’ve never been to an event where the food tasted so good, not even when I went to the Texas Gaylord. The night started out with toasts to anyone you can imagine, the President, the Troops, the fallen Troops, the US, freedom, you name it we toasted it. They gave us non-alcoholic wine that tasted like onion grapes so I just pretended to sip. After the toasting I noticed no one drank their onion grape juice either. Then there was a guest speaker who I personally think was the worst speaker I’ve ever had to sit through. I tried my best to listen but for the life of me I cannot tell you what the heck was the point of his speech. He just rambled on about Amelia Airheart for 30 minutes! He also repeated about half the story twice so really his speech was only 15 minuets given twice. And he's a prophesier at the University so I feel really bad for his students. Finally we had a dance. Dancing consisted of back-to-back country music thrown in with the electric slide and ended with plenty of booty bumping (after the commanding officers left of course).

We were told there was a very strict dress code. My dress had to be a dark color and well below the knee (any thing less was dishonorable). It also needed to be modest, not flashy or glitzy. Apparently only a hand full of girls follows these rules, everyone else follows the high school prom rule. But aside from all that, I really loved it. Everything was beautiful and very classy. I love getting all dressed up and going out some where elegant. I also finally got to meet Dusty’s friends and leaders. Next time I’ll know not to worry so much about my dress.


My very handsome date.

There was a blizzard that day so it was very cold. I felt like I had frost bite on my toes walking inside. I personally don’t recommend having a formal event in the coldest month of the year.



These are our friends from the ward, the Piersons, they're doing the helicopter program too.


These are my totally awesome shoes that my husband let me buy even though they were ridiculously expensive.

And that's pretty much the only pictures I have because there really wasn't a hole lot to take pictures of.

3 comments:

Borton Family said...

man you look really pretty Anna, you look good to Dusty. I want to hear more about the ball.

Anna and Dusty said...

I added a little more detail for you Vanessa. And I'll add more after work tonight.

Heather and Justin said...

Now who is stalking who! HAHA! Anna you looked so BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy that you were able to get the dress fixxed. You were one hot chicky, I bet Dusty was happy you were on his arm.