Friday, July 16, 2010

Best Friends Make Trouble

Friday, July 16, 2010

Samantha has a new best friend and her name is Addy. (Addy is the little girl I babysit during the week.) So all day long at my house I hear "Addy, Addddy, Aaaaady" Its safe to say Sam is Addy's best friend too because the second thing I hear all day is "Sam, Saaamy, SamIE" It's so cute. The girls follow each other around, feeding each other crackers, offering drinks, sharing toys, and loving on blankets. They giggle and chase each other, its so fun!

This week they found some big trouble.... While I was upstairs doing a little cleaning Samantha and Addy were playing in Sam's room. I peeked in every few minutes and saw they were being nice, sitting on the floor in front of each other talking. I didn't look very closely at what they were playing because there's nothing in Samantha's room to cause trouble..... or so I thought. After about 5-10 minutes I walk in and find both girls COVERED head to toe in Vaseline!!! They were bathing in Vaseline! It was on their arms, legs, clothes, face, hair... everywhere! Including an innocent baby doll.

Oh my goodness! What a disaster! And worse of all, Vaseline doesn't wash out of hair. So Samantha and Addy now have sleek, greased over hair.


Sammy did the worst damage. All that shine, its Vaseline. And notice her dress is caked over as well.


There was a massive blob on top her head.


Addy was more conservative, focusing mostly on her hair, arms and shirt.



After the bath.
I washed them 3 times, once with normal shampoo and they were still greasy. I'm pretty sure Addy's hair was worse after washing.


That's what friends are for, right.






Then, today I found Samantha playing in the laundry basket, she climbed in on her own. She is such a mess maker!




This week I'm proud to receive the Worst Baby Sitter award.

2 comments:

Pierson family said...

HA HA Your "Jacob looks like he was playing in the vaseline" comment today makes me laugh even harder now that I see these pictures!!! Oh my gosh so funny!

Elle said...

you're not the worst baby sitter. the other day, I found Maggie eating some eggs out of the trash! oops! i thought that since she was quiet, she was fine.... WRONG! haha, it's a good thing these little ones are so dang cute, or else we would be out of luck!