Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Good Bye 2009!

Tuesday, January 2, 2010

I know I'm a little late on the Christmas post but it was a busy season!



This year we spent Christmas with family in Texas, and it.... was.... WONDERFUL! It was warm, sunny, amazing home cooked food, and we had plenty of things to do. Samantha and I flew home 2 weeks early to spend some extra time with my mom and my sisters. And you can bet your little squishy tushie I was NOT missing this....


Nope, I also didn't miss the 2-3 feet of snow that hit Grand Forks on Christmas day. No no, I was too busy wearing flip flops with no jacket, ridding with the windows down. It was so much fun seeing my mom and shopping with my sisters. I got some much needed girl time. Samantha had a blast playing with cousins, they were all so sweet and excited to meet her. She also met plenty of new friends including my mom's cat, Cooper, my mom's dog, Nestle and a few others.


Such a sweet kitty, Samantha pulled on his ears and whiskers and he didn't mind.
She followed him all over the house.



Dusty was very vocal over wanting a white Christmas, and I think Santa heard because Texas got a white Christmas for the first time in 20 years!


We spent Christmas Eve at the Butlers with all their traditions that I'm no good at.... singing songs. But even though I'm no good at singing it was still lots of fun and very special. I love standing around the piano while Grandma Butler plays Christmas songs and seeing the little kids run and dance. Its a little crazy but I've never seen Samantha have so much fun. Maybe I'll have to learn the piano so we can keep that tradition in our home.

Samantha with her Butler cousins.
They love her to death! She prefers love from a distance.




Christmas Day was at the Borton's with the yummiest meal I've ever tasted. The thing I miss the most is my mom's home cooking. Which, I might have gotten alittle carried away this Christmas and eaten WAY too many Christmas treats. We played games and just had fun. I LOVE spending time with my family!! Its my favorite place to be at Christmas time. And my nephews are so kind to Sam, she loves playing with them.

.
Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of my nephews, they were too busy doing noisy boy stuff.




Samantha with her favorite cousin, Ashley aka "Muggins" And yes, she's eating a shoe, no idea what Muggin is doing, that's why she's a Muggin.


Sam also LOVES her cousin Sarah, but don't have any photos of them together...... maybe Amy can send me some........... because she "reads" my blog.


And of course, Christmas Day. Look what Santa brought...


Look what Santa brought Dusty.... which he later returned. Apparently it wasn't "powerful" enough. I'm a girl, like I know how to buy nerf guns!


Guess who lives at Grandma Butler's.... my Lynus. He loves it there and they spoil him rotten. Can you believe he didn't remember me when he saw me, the shame! Of course he remembered Dusty. Mira went to a new home, and lost 10 pounds. Apparently I was making her fat, too much cheddar popcorn. I miss her terribly but she is incredibly happy and has a great home.





2 comments:

Borton Family said...

Why is that Dusty and I are the only ones smiling. Your sister looks really happy with you. Jared looks well like Jared. Jason looks like he was just trying to make you happy. I am so glad you guys came back to Texas.

Megan said...

Wow, that sounded like a busy Christmas! I LOVE Samantha in that Christmas dress with the big red bow! So cute!