Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lets Get Movin

January 30, 2010

This is one busy little girl. Just like her Daddy, Samantha can’t sit still for 2 minutes.

For Christmas Samantha got a push walker and has put it to some good use. Trust me, she loves it so much that I have all the songs memorized. The other night I thought, just for fun, lets see if Sam will walk behind it. And on her first try she took off like Speedy Gonzales! She loved it so much, she made 4 laps up and down the room. Now Sam LOVES walking with her walker and can do it all alone with no help from mom or dad.

Look at her, she is SOOO happy!!

But of course, she still needs a bit more practice before she becomes an Olympic Champion....


I am so proud of our Sammy, she has grown so soooo much. Here are a few things she learned just in the last 2 weeks:
  • Started calling Dusty "Da" “Da-da” or “Da-de”
  • How to SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! One night she slept 13 hours without a single peep!!! MIRACLE!! (As most of you know until 8 months old Samantha would wake on average 2-3 times a night, for no reason other than to torture her poor sleep deprived mother.)
  • Wave “Bye Bye”
  • Windshield Wiper Hands on the food tray – throwing everything to the floor. Mom’s favorite (NOT!) and the reason why I now sweep twice a day.
  • “No No No” Head flailing – she does this when she doesn't want to eat anymore
  • How to climb stairs (including one terribly sad fall, luckily only two steps high)
  • Give kisses (but only on a good day)
  • How to “sit”
  • To pull a towel over her face when she wants to play peek-a-boo
We have been so blessed with this happy girl, she is ALWAYS smiling, even when she's sick. I love watching her learn new things every day.

4 comments:

Auralee said...

That was so cute! Ben and I laughed when she face planted herself on the floor. We get to enjoy the show you get to enjoy the after effects;)

Pierson family said...

Oh my gosh I about peed my pants laughing at her face plant. Poor Girl! I can't believe she's going to be walking soon! Wow all the kids born last summer will all be running around together soon.

Megan said...

Oh too cute! That looked like an Olympic Champion face plant to me! Wow, she is growing and learning so much! She must have some pretty amazing parents!

Holly Erhard said...

Oh my goodness! That last video could be on America's funniest home videos...!!