Saturday, February 14, 2009

Classy North Dakota

February 13, 2009

Just a few things that I LOVE about Grand Forks. The people here are really into the Christmas season. So much that they just can’t turn off the Christmas lights.
These photos were taken this week, February 10 and are just a few of the many houses in my neighborhood with lights on.

Really? I think its time to turn off the Christmas lights and accept the fact that Christmas is over.

I should mention that personally I feel the City of Grand Forks is to blame for encouraging this behavior. They still have sidewalk trees lit all over town.

Time to let it go. Don’t worry Christmas will be back next year.

6 comments:

Heather and Justin said...

That is hilarious! I can't believe that many people in your neighborhood still have their Christmas lights on. Gotta love good old Grand Forks!

Pierson family said...

Sad thing is, is we still have ours up on our balcony because I am lazy, and also because until just recently we had way to much snow out there. Also its the only light we have out there.

Cassie said...

Hey I had my Christmas tree up on Halloween this year because I was so excited. :) -Might as well since we don't have furniture in our front room yet.

Jennifer Tyler said...

Ahhh Grand Forks...I think I'll count the houses on my street that still have their decorations up. I especially love the inflatable Santas and the life-size nativity scenes. Although, I'm actually fine with decorations still being up, because it is cold outside, but turning them on??? Unnecessary.

Elle said...

hey anna!!!
i see those houses everywhere too!! they might leave them on all year round, at least that's what i'm starting to think! i hope you are doing well too! i never see you since you aren't in relief society! if you're interested, here's my blog:
www.wingstofly27.blogspot.com

Valarie said...

LOL, that is so true. Sadly, ours are still up but we did finally unplug them so they wouldn't turn on every night at dusk. I think it's just too freakin' cold for people to go out and unplug them!