Friday, January 18, 2008

Blistery Weather

Friday January 18, 2008

So this weekend is a killer. I’m actually glad I don’t have a job yet so I can stay inside all day. Its -12 out The cold takes your breath away. You can feel it in your lungs and when the wind blows it completely cuts through your clothes, no matter how many layers you have on. Trust me, I put on quite a few!! It mostly hits you in your legs and face. And in case you were all wondering, Yes the snot really does freeze in your nose! Ask me after this weekend if I still like North Dakota.

The dogs don’t really care how cold it is. They love playing out side. But the snow and ice is so hard on their little feet. Lynus can barely be outside for just a few minutes before he starts limping. Grey and Mira love to dig burrows into the snow then shove there noses down and smell, smell, smell. I wonder what the heck is down there that smells so good? I guess we’ll find out in spring!

Sunday and Monday it’s going to snow again. It’s beautiful when it snows here, the flakes are so FAT! You can actually see the crystals and designs. And it’s so dry and powdery that the flakes dance and roll across the road.





Grey was not happy about sitting in the cold snow.



Mira after she plowed her nose around the yard.





Grey in time-out.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Awww... the doggies look so cute!! We actually had a tiny bit of snow here yesterday and the day before, it was really small and only lasted for a little bit. But hey, its Texas and its what we get! So whats it like with snot frozen in your nose? I dont think I would last very long up there.

Heather said...

Okay, I am dieing to know - how is the bike riding going? Is Dusty realy biking to and from school each day?

Your doggies are so cute. You need to get some little doggie boots for them. I wouln't want to put my bare butt down in that snow either. I'm siding with Gray.

Borton Family said...

Is this Heather Richmond? Anna I have updated today and you have not done any all weekend. This a 2 way street dude. I need update if you survived your first really winter weather.